DEAmakesNSA

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

DC Comics: shooting themselves in the foot @ 6000 rounds per minute.

Posted on 9:19 AM by Unknown
Orson Scott Card. Wrote Ender's Game a long time ago. Pretty good story, he's written other things I've read since. Nothing particularly outre or unpleasant about his books, and if he's not on the very cutting edge of awesome he's still eminently readable. A thoroughly uncontroversial author.

Unless you are DC Comics. You see, in his off-duty life Mr. Card it appears holds some deeply troubling beliefs. Oh yes, he's a dangerous one. He actually thinks, and has the gall to say out loud, that a marriage is the joining of a man and a woman in holy matrimony before God!  No boy-boy, girl-girl, boy-girl-girl-girl or girl-girl-pony marriages for this guy, he's a BIGOT!!!

The controversial Adventures of Superman story written by noted homophobe — sorry, "gay marriage opponent" — Orson Scott Card will not see digital nor print release as originally planned following the departure of artist Chris Sprouse from the project.

Confused readers will please note that it is not the -story- which is anti-gay. The story itself hasn't been released, but I have no doubt it is entirely in keeping with DC Comic's radically PC editorial policy. No, it is the author who is being pilloried here.

Once upon a time I collected comics as an adult. I bought all the super hero titles every month, I saved them in the little bags, and I still have a freakin' basement full after moving forty times in the last twenty years. I was into comics.

Three events killed comics for me. First, (chronologically at least) was an issue of something where Captain America killed some character, Flag Smasher I think. They made a big deal out of it. I didn't think it was right. Bad taste in the mouth.
Second, The Death Of Superman. My complete response was: "Oh, come ON!" Then of course he comes back again. Total whoring for sales, no redeeming qualities. Barf.
Third was when the price of a comic hit three dollars in the early 1990s. After that I just stopped caring.

Following that time of course we've had pretty well every major character die at least once, some of them three or four times. We've had Superman's wedding a couple times. We've had Superman's divorce too, I think. We've seen them kill people in ever more bloody and graphic ways. We've seen gay super heroes, we've seen gay super hero's weddings and divorces and deaths and etc.

Ultimately we've seen the comics industry absorbed and assimilated by the PC liberal Borg and turned into just one more propaganda organ for radical Leftyism. And really? Its BORING.

I haven't bought a comic in ages. I sit at Chapters or Barnes & Noble the odd time and read through the titles I used to spend hundreds of dollars on, and I can't find any of them even remotely entertaining. They're awful, in short. And I wouldn't let a child within a hundred yards of a comic book store these days. Any possible perversion or combination of animal/vegetable/mineral can be found drawn in loving detail in the pages of modern comics. Its like they expend all their waking moments trying to come up with the most disgusting possible thing to top the disgusting thing they did last week. A veritable Olympics of objectionable insanity.

So now we have these comic book industry geniuses performing the ultimate inside-out, ano-cranial inversion of reality: the public pillorying of a man for the CRIME of saying out loud that marriage is for one man and one woman, for life. No gays, no polygamy, no ponies, no divorce.

Notice to DC Comics: the next comic I buy will be the Orson Scott Card authored story. I will buy no other DC comic but that one. I hope this makes things perfectly crystal clear to you.

The Phantom
Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Newer Post Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • Fallen friends.
    Longtime loyal reader of The Phantom Soapbox C.T. wrote in today. today a friend of mine died.    stage 4 liver cancer, she was ok last week...
  • Where have I seen that?
    I was surfing the Lefty Bilge-o-sphere and discovered this astounding post by Rachel Marsden. Anyone who can't withstand a rational deba...
  • This is not at all alarming.
    Garbage cans that track your cellphone as you walk by. I kid you not. The City of London Corporation has asked a company to stop using re...
  • This is me ignoring Barry and his speech.
    From Blazing Catfur, a sagacious suggestion : tomorrow being 9/11/2013, anniversary of the World Trade Center atrocity AND the Benghazi atta...
  • Court of the media: Rachel Jeantel is innocent! Kill Zimmerman!
    Here's five news stories on the George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin case. Global Grind A: http://globalgrind.com/news/what-white-people-dont...
  • Know thine enemy.
    Here we have a case of a 7 year old boy charged with... wait for it... sexual harassment.  Its a doozy! A 7-year-old boy is being investiga...
  • New record for dumbest Traaaayvon! comment.
    Move over Bill Cosby, here comes Michael Bloomberg ! "The laws are not the kind of laws a civilized society should have and the [Nati...
  • Kewl new thing being done with common cellulose.
    Nanocellulose! Who'd a thunk it ?
  • Rawesome Foods Update: Big Brother was watching!
    My previous post about police over-reach reminded me of the Rawesome Foods raid by the Dept. of Agriculture SWAT team. So I Googled for a ...
  • Joe Manchin, Trayvon Martin, and Barney Fife: Implications for Gun Safety By James Fallows of The Atlantic.
    Dear Sir: I read your piece in The Atlantic today . I would like to address your points in order as you wrote them. 1. Maybe this time is di...

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (91)
    • ►  September (14)
    • ►  August (8)
    • ►  July (12)
    • ►  June (11)
    • ►  May (11)
    • ►  April (10)
    • ▼  March (11)
      • Another Liberal speaks his mind!
      • Wow, UberLiberal says what he thinks!
      • Jim Carry: Dumb? Or Dumber?
      • Washington Post: propaganda at its best.
      • Blazing Cat Fur turns on the kitchen light.
      • Ah, sweet JUSTICE!!!
      • Archaeology discovers heart disease in ancient man.
      • Its not security. Its security theater.
      • "Shut up!" he explained. Barry muzzles his friends...
      • DC Comics: shooting themselves in the foot @ 6000 ...
      • This is getting harder to adequately explain with ...
    • ►  February (7)
    • ►  January (7)
  • ►  2012 (177)
    • ►  December (18)
    • ►  November (18)
    • ►  October (26)
    • ►  September (19)
    • ►  August (15)
    • ►  July (10)
    • ►  June (4)
    • ►  May (8)
    • ►  April (12)
    • ►  March (27)
    • ►  February (14)
    • ►  January (6)
  • ►  2011 (32)
    • ►  December (14)
    • ►  November (8)
    • ►  October (10)
Powered by Blogger.